CHARGRILLED SCOTCH FILLET STEAKS, KIPFLER POTATOES, WATERMELON RADISH SALAD & HERB SALSA
Prep: 15 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Serve: 4
- 4 x 180g (2-4 cm thick) Cleaver's scotch fillet steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500g kipfler potatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- 6 x watermelon radishes
- 200g Salad leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup firmly packed flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp baby capers, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- For Potatoes: Wash and pat dry potatoes and place in an oven proof dish. Add 1 tbsp of oil, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat. Place in a pre-heated barbeque on medium high heat. Cook for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- For Herb Salsa: Place ingredients in a bowl with olive oil, lemon rind and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- For Salad: Combine salad leave and radishes in a bowl. For dressing, add all ingredients in a bowl, whisk, add to salad, gently toss to coat.
- Brush steaks with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat a Barbeque or chargrill to very hot, then reduce heat slightly. Place steaks on grill and cook steaks for 3-4 minutes per side. Rest for half the cooking time.
- Serve steaks with potatoes, salad and herb salsa.
- Other steaks such as porterhouse or eye fillet would also work well in this recipe
- Always rest your meat before serving – this will ensure the juices are locked in and the meat is tender.
- Buy steaks of an even thickness to ensure they cook evenly.
- Scotch fillet is sometimes called boneless rib eye or rib fillet. This steak is one of the most popular steaks. It's juicy, tender and full of flavour.
- Watermelon radish are from an heirloom variety of daikon radish, use normal red radish if watermelon radish not available.
- Using a mandolin is a great way to finely slice radishes.
- Salsa Verde will last 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Salsa Verde can be frozen.
- Salsa Verde can also be used as a marinade or add a little to potatoes and toss.
*Recipe Credit: Australian Beef
Image; Nicola Hanlon