Time poor? Too tired to cook or dread the drawn out process of laborious recipes? The Healthy Mummy team has just the solution for you! Introducing the NEW Healthy Mummy 15 Minutes or Less Cookbook, available online now at www.healthymummy.com. Made by busy mums for busy mums, and dads of course too!
Rhian Allen, Owner and Founder of The Healthy Mummy says, 'Whether you're a stay‐at-home or working mum, the day just seems to get away and before you know it the witching hour has arrived! Trying to cook dinner, feed and bath the kids, feed yourself if you're lucky and find some time to kick your feet up at the end of the day can get the better of us all. So, our team have designed and tested each and every recipe to ensure you can create stress free, healthy meals in a nick of time."
The new 15 Minutes or Less Cookbook caters for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus healthy desserts and snacks. The Healthy Mummy team has also incorporated some of their tips to make meal‐time preparation even faster. Their top five include:
1. Store! Make larger batches of snack recipes and store leftovers in the fridge, pantry or freezer – storing snacks in the freezer will also save you money, as a full freezer works more efficiently when fully stocked.
2. Pre‐Chop! Each week chop up crunchy vegetables and store in an airtight container in the fridge – add them to salads, snacks and stir‐fries and save on mealtime prep.
3. Pre‐Mix! Combine your favourite muesli ingredients in jars and store to save time in the mornings.
4. Pre-Cook! Keeping cooked chicken on hand can be a huge time saver, store and refrigerate up to three days or freezer for several months.
5. Pre-Marinate! Combine marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag; add the meat and store in the fridge. Not only does this save time but also makes your meat extra tasty!
Each recipe featured in the cookbook has been designed and tested by The Healthy Mummy team of nutritionists, chefs and mums. There are over 45 recipes to choose from, which are also budget‐friendly, with a mixture of vegetarian, gluten and dairy free options to ensure there is something for entire family.
Healthy Mummy 15 Minutes or Less Cookbook
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes + rice cooking time
1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
400g chicken breast fillets
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
Olive oil spray
1 tbsp honey
1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
2 tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch coriander, chopped
2 cups baby spinach
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Cook rice according to packet directions.
Slice chicken and place in a bowl with lime juice and soy sauce. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over a medium high heat. Add the chicken, discarding the marinade, and stirfry for 3‐5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Add honey and toss to combine.
Combine cucumber, tomato, coriander and baby spinach.
Top the salad with chicken and sesame seeds. Serve with rice on the side.