Columbia Records will release the 'Springsteen On Broadway' soundtrack album on December 14th, featuring the songs and stories from Tony Award winner Bruce Springsteen's historic 236-show run at Jujamcyn's Walter Kerr Theatre. Consisting of the complete audio from the upcoming 'Springsteen On Broadway' Netflix release, the soundtrack album will be available on 4 LPs or 2 CDs as well as a digital download and on streaming services.
Listen to 'Land of Hope and Dreams' from the Springsteen On Broadway soundtrack album here.
Based on his worldwide best-selling autobiography 'Born To Run', 'Springsteen On Broadway' is a unique evening with Bruce, his guitar, a piano and his very personal stories. On the 'Springsteen On Broadway' soundtrack album, each of these stories appears as its own track, labelled as an "introduction" to the song it precedes. The audio for 'Springsteen On Broadway' was mixed by the legendary Bob Clearmountain and mastered by the acclaimed Bob Ludwig.
Watch a 30-second teaser video for the album by Emmy Award-winner Thom Zimny here.
'Springsteen on Broadway' began previews on October 3rd, 2017 and the completely sold-out series of performances officially opened October 12th. The show was extended three times after its initial eight-week run, and will close on Broadway on December 15th. 'Springsteen on Broadway' will launch on Netflix globally on December 16th at 6:01pm AEDT.
'Springsteen On Broadway' is available for preorder starting today here.
1. Growing Up (introduction & song)
2. My Hometown (introduction & song)
3. My Father's House (introduction & song)
4. The Wish (introduction & song)
5. Thunder Road (introduction & song)
6. The Promised Land (introduction & song)
7. Born In The U.S.A. (introduction & song)
8. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out (introduction & song) 9. Tougher Than The Rest (introduction & song) with Patti Scialfa
10. Brilliant Disguise (introduction & song) with Patti Scialfa
11. Long Time Cominą(introduction & song)
12. The Ghost Of Tom Joad (introduction & song)
13. The Rising (song)
14. Dancing In The Dark (introduction & song)
15. Land Of Hope And Dreams (song)
16. Born To Run (introduction & song)
Bruce Springsteen's recording career spans over 40 years, beginning with 1973's 'Greetings From Asbury Park, NJ' (Columbia Records). He has released 18 studio albums, garnered 20 Grammys, won an Oscar and a Tony, been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, received a Kennedy Center Honor, and was MusiCares' 2013 Person of the Year. Springsteen's memoir 'Born to Run' (Simon & Schuster) and its companion album 'Chapter And Verse' were released in September 2016, and he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in November 2016. Springsteen's The River Tour 2016 was named the year's top global tour by both Billboard and Pollstar. 'Born to Run' was issued in paperback by Simon & Schuster on September 5, 2017.