A recipe from The Nourished Chef
Vegan │ Gluten Free │ Dairy Free │ Low Carb
Makes 6-7 Small Waffles
1 ¼ Cups Almond Meal
¾ Cup Tapioca Flour (heaped cup)
1 tsp Baking Powder (gluten free)
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
½ Cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
4 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Maple Flavoured Syrup
½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1. Preheat and grease a waffle iron with coconut oil spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3. Pour in the vanilla almond milk, maple flavoured syrup, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir to combine. The batter will be quite thick.
4. Scoop approximately ⅓ cup of the batter into your preheated and greased waffle iron. Cook until golden and crispy. Approximately 5-6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, to make the chocolate sauce; place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small saucepan over low heat. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted and glossy.
6. Dip your waffles halfway into your melted chocolate. Serve immediately.
⇾ Most importantly, grease your waffle iron with coconut oil to stop the waffles from sticking.
⇾ To create this recipe at home, grab your Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk from your local Woolworths.
The Nourished Chef (Clarissa Kocovski) has been curating and recipe developing low carb, gluten and dairy free recipes for the last five years. Recently she has been inspired to embrace plant-based living and has adapted this philosophy throughout her recipes. Long-term sustainability is something she's very passionate about and working with the power of plants in her kitchen has been an eye-opening journey. She hopes by showcasing the true ingredients she uses and sharing her recipes will educate and inspire home cooks. Follow her Instagram here: @thenourishedchef
For more details on Califia Farms visit: califiafarms.com.au