Since their entry into the market in April 2012, Deezer has been passionate about profiling Australian artists, giving them access to a platform of global significance. The company is proud to use their market penetration to profile Australia's local talent on a world stage. Deezer has been involved with Mélodie Française from inception, hosting Gossling and Alexander Gow from Oh Mercy at their Paris headquarters, where they showcased their track from the album, La minute de silence, to media and business partners.
Mélodie Française features an incredible line up of established and up and coming Australian artists, including Kate Miller-Heidke, Katie Noonan, Deep Sea Arcade, Thelma Plum, Dappled Cities, Husky, Jinja Safari, Edward Deer and more, all singing in French and tackling some of the most famous French songs!
The artists featured on Mélodie Française worked with French tutors both in the studio and via Skype to perfect the language and their diction, to enable them to record the songs. They immersed themselves totally in French sensuality and culture, and it's no small achievement to have delivered such authentic recordings.
Mélodie Française - the perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the beauty and romanticism of France.
Mélodie Française tracklisting
1. Gossling & Oh Mercy - La minute de silence
2. The Jezabels - Morgane de toi
3. Thelma Plum - La Vie en rose
4. Dappled Cities - Sexy Boy
5. Kate Miller-Heidke - Il n'y a pas d'amour heureux
6. Husky - Le Berger
7. Deep Sea Arcade feat. Megan Washington - Bonnie and Clyde
8. Lisa Mitchell - Bang Bang
9. Big Scary - Je t'aime... moi non plus
10. Jinja Safari feat. Okenyo - Le temps de l'amour
11. Elixir feat. Katie Noonan - Les feuilles mortes
12. Edward Deer - Belles! Belles! Belles!
13. SoKo & The Walking Who - Mini, mini, mini
14. Vance Joy - La Mer