Serves 6 | Prep 15 min | Cook 3 Hours
This alternation has been created using the master casserole recipe, once you know the basics, you can switch ingredients to make a huge variety of casseroles, curries and stews!
● 1 kg Cleaver's Organic Beef Chuck Steak, cut into 3cm pieces
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
● 2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced
● 2 celery stalks, sliced
● 2 tbsp plain flour
● 2 cups (500ml) beef stock
● 400g can diced tomatoes
● 120g spinach
● 2 tbsp Curry powder
● 2cm piece ginger, finely grated
● 2 garlic cloves, crushed
● 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
● 1 tbsp light Soy sauce
● 1 apple, grated
● Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan-forced). Place beef in a large snap-lock bag or dish, add half the oil, season and mix well.
● Heat a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium-high heat. Brown the beef in 2 or 3 batches, setting beef aside on a plate.
● Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Add onion, carrot, celery, ginger and garlic, cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes.
● Sprinkle in flour and curry powder, stir until vegetables are coated. Gradually pour in the stock, stirring well. Return beef to the pan with any juices, and sauces, stirring until the mixture boils.
● Cover casserole dish, place in oven and cook for 2 ½ hours, or until beef is tender, stirring occasionally, adding extra water if necessary. Add apple, stir to combine. Remove from oven. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
JAPANESE BEEF CASSEROLE TIPS
Serve with rice and top green onions and sesame seeds.
This recipe was brough to you by Cleavers, to view their range visit: https://cleaversorganic.com.au