The award-winning Tomato Festival Sydney returns for a fifth year on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 February 2019, from 10 am at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. Set on the spectacular foreshore lawns of the Garden, the Festival Village will be buzzing with exciting, fun and delicious activities, including free and ticketed events.
The lawns will be transformed into fabulous setting for the Longest Tomato Lunch across a 70-metre-long table. Enjoy a four-course tomato inspired Italian lunch designed by the 2 Michelin Stars and multi-award winning chef, Luca Ciano. The menu includes a contemporary take on a traditional Italian family feast with share plates and individual items (menu here).
Relax, sit back and enjoy a long lunch with great company, live music while looking out over the most spectacular botanic garden and harbour in the world. Book your tickets from $42.86 to $78.57 to the ever popular for the Longest Tomato Lunch Saturday 16 and Sunday 17, 12:30 – 2.30pm here.
Tomato Festival Sydney information:
• Village market dedicated to local producers and artisans
• Talks and cooking demonstrations including Masterclass with Paul West
• Relish pop-up café & bar
• Free Garden tours
• Children's activities including pizza making
• Harris Farm Markets Tomato Mandala
• Home-grown competitions –Tomato Relish/Chutney, Chilli Sauce and Passata Sauce – enter now before 3 February. Best in show entries close 14 February.
• Free Diggers Heirloom Tomato Taste Test
• Longest Tomato Lunch with menu designed by Luca Ciano
• Retro Movie Experience: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
• Grow, Cook, Eat – A Day with Paul West from River Cottage Australia
• Carol Molloy – former My Kitchen Rules contestant – cooking up a range of tomato inspired dishes influenced by her Japanese-Australian heritage.
• Yaama Catering: owned by respected Aboriginal Elder Aunty Beryl Van-Oploo, she and her students will be creating delicious sweet and savoury dishes for sale at the Festival incorporating native Australian ingredients, as well as a cooking demonstration in the Cooking & Learning Hub.