Many of us are so busy working inside and outside of the home that we can neglect to take care of ourselves. Taking care of you can be a simple as giving yourself time to think about what you truly desire in life. The time you need to ask yourself the burning questions about what you want to achieve in your life and where you are going. So take some time out of your day to stop, think and listen. Just 10 minutes is enough to get started.
If you time to stop, think and listen to what you really, really, really want it will enable you to set priorities and significantly reduce your stress levels. Allocate the majority of your time to do the things you love. Have daily, weekly, monthly and year long goals. Being able to focus in on what you want allows you to create a schedule that fits in only those activities that bring you closer to achieving your goals.
"I am my best person when I have less on my plate." Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat Pray Love said during a recent interview. How can you be your best person?
Here are my key tips to working out what you want so you have less on your plate.
1) Schedule yourself at least 10 minutes each day to think about what you love
2) Spend most of your time doing or planning to do what you love
3) Brainstorm and write a list of things you love - let your imagination run wild
4) Choose 5 you must complete in the next year - what is important right now?
5) Think about how it will feel to achieve these things you love
6) Write down one action you can take to achieve each of these goals
7) Take that action within the next 24 hours and plan your next step
8) Learn to say no to things that don't contribute to you achieving your goals
9) Write a list of all the excuses you have for not doing the things you want to do
10) Laugh at all of the excuses you have made and move on
Danielle is a qualified life coach and supports women to achieve their life, business, career and health goals. She has a ten-week old daughter Hollie. Visit www.healthyandhappy.com.au