The idea of getting into back to school routines can be quite stressful for parents. Barker's New Zealand shares top recipes to make prepping for back to school easier.
3 cups self raising flour, sifted
½ tsp baking powder
Salt & cracked black pepper
50g chilled butter, chopped
¾ cup milk
1/3 cup Barker's Tomato Relish
1 ½ cups grated extra tasty cheese
Extra milk, for brushing
1 . Preheat oven to 210°C
2. Place flour, baking powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and add butter. Using your fingertips, rub in butter until the mixture resembles rough breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre.
3. Combine milk with 1/3 cup water. Pour the liquid into well. Using a flat bladed knife, cut through the flour mixture until it comes together as a rough dough.
4. Tip dough onto a work surface dusted with flour and knead lightly until it can form a ball.
5. Roll out the dough to a rectangle approximately 30 x 40cm in size. Spread with Tomato Relish then sprinkle with cheese.
6. Roll up from a short sides to form a cigar. Slice the roll into pieces approximately 4cm wide.
7. Place scrolls close together on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper so they are touching. Brush each scroll with a little extra milk.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through. If the scrolls start to brown too quickly cover with foil. Cool on a wire rack then break apart.
For Barker's New Zealand recipes and to shop online, please visit barkers.com.au